Monday, December 6, 2010

"No Use Crying Over Spilt Milk"


[By Legally Blonde] I've used this phrase a thousand times since I've had kids and I've always believed it. Just clean it up and get on with it. But does this old adage still ring true if:


  • it's water instead of milk

  • it's an adult spilling instead of kids

  • in a courtroom instead of a kitchen

  • all over counsel table

  • AND the client

  • with the judge presiding

  • and an exclamation of "Heavens to Betsy" rings throughout the courtroom because the microphone is turned on?

Yes CFT readers, this happened to me last Tuesday! I'm happy to say that I did not cry - everyone actually laughed and it helped break the tension a bit, particularly when the two bailiffs came rushing out of their stands with rolls of paper towels! Apparently I am not the only attorney who prepares for all aspects of an oral argument except how to pour water out of courtroom pitchers without spilling.


No comments: