Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's An Honor To Be Here!

Greetings from Music City USA! My name is Magnolia and I am so honored and flattered to be one of the new drumsticks! Chick and I have known each other a long time and have many good memories so I am ready to make some more. Chick caught me by such surprise when she asked me to join CFT. Come to think of it, that seems to have become a theme in my life. When I got the phone call asking me to be the next PTO president at our school, I was stunned beyond belief. I thought, “Are they sure they have called the right person?” Some would call that being humble. I call it a lack of intuition.

In a nutshell, I’m the most normal person you’ll ever meet. I live in the town where I grew up with a great husband and two kids—you guessed it, a boy and a girl. I am currently a stay at home mom and that seems to be what I have been doing most of lately. In fact, what do working moms do when their child has pneumonia for 2 weeks? I can’t figure it out.

As I mentioned earlier, I am a dutiful volunteer at my children’s school, I sell women’s clothing part time, I play a lot of tennis but don’t seem to be getting any better, and these days, I have been watching a great deal of football. Doesn’t matter what kind just as long as it’s on television but I prefer the SEC, specifically, the University of Georgia and, of course, the Tennessee Titans.

I married probably the biggest Georgia Bulldog fan anyone could ever meet. Now I don’t mean that he’s a face painter or anything. He’s a respectable fan. In fact, you would be wise to sit next to him at a game because he seems to know EVERYTHING there is to know. He has also passed this gene on to my son who retains every useless football stat thrown at him.

Needless to say, this passion for Georgia football has definitely rubbed off on me. I’m no dummy. Saturday nights are a lot more fun when Georgia wins. And better bowl games mean better trips, right? Who doesn’t want to spend New Year’s in New Orleans?

So there we have it. And I hope you don’t misunderstand. As you will soon see, my being normal does not equate with being boring. It just makes everyone and everything I come across in life seem that much crazier! I look forward to sharing it with you.

7 comments:

Chick said...

Right on!! slowly but surely the Drumsticks are getting ready to rumble. Welcome Magnolia!!

Just to give you an idea how long I've known Mags...I was spending the night at her house the night the Michael Jackson THRILLER video premiered

Where Were YOU??????

Olive said...

Slumber party!

Scarlet said...

Thanks for sharing...looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

Thriller was the Michael Jackson turning point. It was downhill from there. LOVED Off the Wall. It was the only cd I owned that was not stolen from my apartment in New Orleans.

Dixie Chicken said...

I don't even think we had cable when y'all were watching videos! Good thing I didn't come into the mix for another couple of years...

Nice opener, Mags. Looking forward to more!

chick p said...

"Saturday nights are more fun ..." Alright, Mags, you're getting racy right from the get-go. I hope I can handle your CFT.

Legally Blonde said...

GOOOO DAWGS. Sic 'em. Woof Woof Woof. Welcome Aboard Magnolia!