Wednesday, October 27, 2010

An Etsy Bitsy Obsession

my necklace

[by Chick]

I have known about the website Etsy but until I recently became engaged, I didn’t really know Etsy.

Of course now, I am thoroughly obsessed.

I stay up at night scouring the beautiful handmade hair accessories and bridal clutches and mens boutonnieres. I am bizarrely delighted to login and see if I have any messages from the woman who is designing a custom hairpiece for me for the wedding. Of all the places in the world she just happens to be from Austin! Her etsy shop name is My Darling Love.

white hair flower

I am tickled pink that a woman from Austin Texas is making a little pretty for me to wear down the aisle. Keeping it local.

She sent me the color swatches sewn on this adorable little card. gold star presentation points that made me smile.

DSC_0330

Etsy isn’t just for the mildly touched-in-the-head bride. You can find jewelry, stationery, artwork, pillows. Where else could I find letterpress notecards of a roseate spoonbill?

A roseate spoonbill!! (Yes, I was in fact specifically searching for this bird.)

I am equally obsessed with the roseate spoonbill as I am with etsy but that story is for another day. In fact, it will be in my book that I am madly writing when I’m not playing around on etsy.

Etsy is fun for brides, moms, girlfriends, anyone who needs to treat themselves. Can we say Christmas? Can we say hostess gifts?

I don’t know how I lived before Etsy.

Enjoy some fun pics I have found!! xxoo

bleached peacock headband

love this Christmas pomander from vintage fabric…

christmas pomander

I think this clutch might be in my near future…

clutch

But I love this one too…

clutch green flower

We are skipping the garter toss tradition. But I kinda want this just for fun!

garter

il_570xN_186700341

Another gorgeous pomadner from kimono silk…

kimono pomander

lemon ornament

I did buy these fabulous pillow covers. A steal!

pillows

My beloved roseate spoonbills…

spoonbill

No comments: